Next is up there in this house. My sofa, which I love, is from Next, I’ll only buy my jeans from Next and I really admire them for being one of the few high-street stores to not stoop to the (in my opinion) ridiculously irrelevant Black Friday discounts.
So naturally, with Christmas coming ever closer, there are quite a few items from Next on my list to Santa this year. Luckily for me, Next have #NextmasWishlist, a fun, festive competition offering the chance to win some goodies.
- Christmas Pudding Ballerinas – How cute are these? I’ve never really thought about festive footwear before but it’d be hard to stop wearing these once the season is over.
- Moose Table Lamp – Moose seem to be ‘in’ at the moment and I’m totally not complaining. Since I accidently smashed our bedroom light with some overzealous dusting I think this guy would make the perfect replacement.
- Cat Igloo Bed – As I’ve constantly been reminded, it’s Christmas for pets too and I’ve been on the look-out for a new bed for little Doll for a while. While she’s pretty content with the box that some Christmas gifts arrived in recently, I can definitely see her in this.
- Moose Door Knocker – As I said, moose are in. I definitely think this guy is worth hoarding until we get our own ‘proper’ place.
- Joyeaux Noel Luxury Fragranced Diffuser – I’m a sucker for most kinds of home fragrance, and in the absence of a real Christmas tree (not actually something I mind by the way), filling the flat with all sorts of Christmassy smells is just about the next best thing. Having had a whiff of this in the shop, this might be the item on this list that I’m most hankering for.
- Flashing Reindeer Christmas Sweater – It wouldn’t be a Christmas wishlist in 2014 without a fancy Christmas jumper. This ones an absolute triple-threat too, not only is it a lovely green with an adorable reindeer print, it features flashing LED light details(!!!)
- Light-Up Card Holder – I think this is pretty cute for all year round as a full-on noticeboard but the fact it lights up makes it festive as well as adorable.
- Tonal Faux Fur Throw – These faux fur throws are everywhere and I love how luxurious they look. Great for curling up on the sofa or adding additional warmth in bed. They’re softer than the cat too, which is the measurement for all softness.
- Oh Wake Up Cuffed Floral Pyjama Set – Florals are good for all year round and winter and the Christmas season are made for pyjamas. Perfect.
- Pink + Gold Sports Watch – Very similar to a Kate Spade watch I’ve had my eye on, this one comes in at a slightly more purse-friendly price for a fashion watch, which is usually a deal-maker.
It wasn’t hard for me to skim through the Next website and pick out a mixture of the lovely homewares and clothing that they’re so good at.
From a merchandising perspective by the way, the website is brilliant and actually pretty fun to browse, throwing in a great mix of more traditional online shop layout and an interactive catalogue, good job, guys!