to top

Duck Egg.

I wish I had more things to paint, painting is so much fun, although it’s much easier to do it outside without a little cat trying to interfere every few minutes.

So, my Gran handed me down this box, she says it’s called a butter box but she couldn’t tell me why as she’s always used to use it for extra bathroom bits. I figured it would come in useful for us so that we wouldn’t have to worry about Dolly tearing up all our toilet paper (something that’s happened before). All it needed was a lick of paint, so I figured why not.


Once again, Wilkinson saved the day with their sample pots, although I don’t think these shades went as far as the ones I used before as I had basically run out by the time I was finished. The amount was fine though and I think it’s best to have the exact amount rather than be over or under.

I went for ‘Duck Egg’ and ‘Tealtastic’, two of my favourite colours.
The ‘teal’ was a bit more blue than turquoisey but I still think it complimented the duck egg well.


Before.


I decided to paint the inside of the box too, which was much more hassle than painting the outside. It is better I did though, mainly because it had seen better days and was kind of mucky, but also because the mushy red didn’t go to well with the clean, crisp colour I’d chosen for the rest of the box.


After.
I’m quite happy with the end result, and although our bathroom is mainly white – with the grossest shower curtain, which is why I haven’t shown it to you – most of the accents are a turquoise/teal colour, so I picked everything so it would go.


RIP sanding block, this was Moon’s contribution to this project. obviously we couldn’t wait to buy smaller screws to screw the handle back on (we totally could have), so he improvised and used my sanding block to hold everything in place. It’s a good improvisation to be fair and means that the handle holds well, and it does look a bit silly but hardly anyone would ever know…


I’m quite pleased with this little project and it took a lot less time than the chest, probably because I only stuck to two colours more than the fact that the chest is a lot bigger. Now the toilet rolls have a safe home!

%d bloggers like this: